Monday 28 November 2011

I have spent the day smoking again

Sorry people its another smoke series. I cant help it I really enjoy smoking.

I have learnt the smoke images take a lot of trial and error. Previously as mentioned in my previous post about my smoke images I had made my own barn doors however I decided to try out a new method with a home made snoot which directed the light straight onto the smoke trail.

How to make the snoot


If you haven't got one the easiest cheapest way is a piece of black A4 card wrap it around the end of your flash seal it with tape job done you have a snoot the same width and depth as your flash you can trim a little off the end and then when you trigger your camera the light will hit the exact area you want to freeze and keep the light off your background and reduce any chance of lens flare.









The way I got the rainbow effect was to create a new layer in PS set it as overlay and then added a gradient to it.

Thanks for reading

James

No comments:

Post a Comment