Tuesday 24 January 2012

Week 4 View 52

Well what can I say about this no faces, no meaning and no reason. Just an idea I had to try and keep it all about the smoke and what can be done with it.

I knew it was to be a bad day!

I woke up and my first words were not morning dear but shit I forgot to charge my batteries which is never good when married. My wife returned from walking the dog who was due his shower time as he was getting a bit stinky. So decided I would wash him before I set up for the day shooting everything was going fine dog washed time to dry him off and away I go but in the meantime I managed to break the shower which I am going to be in trouble about when the wife comes home as she is lost without a shower where as I am more of a bath kind of guy.

Putting all that aside I set up ready for this shot. On paper this sounds like an easy shot to take but today for some reason it didn’t want to play ball at all. My luck just kept getting worse I have burns all over my hands I set a small area of my backdrop alight and to top it all off I have smashed a total of four wine glasses. I knew the broken glasses would push the missus over the edge so I went out and brought her a new set and as a way of an apology I didn’t replace the glasses with the same glasses I decided to treat her to a nice set mainly to avoid the slap I was about to get lol so this shot cost me a nice bottle of rose (which I never got to taste) and £15 for new glasses plus the electrician I have to get out to repair the shower.

Ok to the paper it’s this easy hang a glass upside down with a wine bottle underneath fire up josh sticks and away you go............. that’s how easy it should of been but common sense was somewhere lost what happens to flame/fire inside a bottle? You got it, it goes out when the oxygen is replaced by carbon dioxide!!! So first attempt failed........... then I blu tacked the josh stick inside the top of the bottle what happens when the hot ash falls off the stick that’s right it drops off right onto my backdrop hence the mini fire (again lost my common sense mental note always put a plate underneath) ok second attempt failed!!!!...... third attempt I forget about the law of gravity what goes up must come down and once I had settled into my third attempt this is when my shoot somehow turned into a Greek wedding (but without the plates) my glasses started flying around the kitchen at this point as the suction cup I was using to suspend the glass lost suction (mental note keep checking the suction on the cup) and eventually I managed to get a hell of a lot of images but only a few came out ok as by this point I was surrounded by glass and very blistery hands so had give up the will to live by this point lol. Even the dog was looking at me with disgrace at this point.

I did have another idea as backup if this didn’t work. But I thought no I will not let the beat me I only want one shot granted it’s not what I had in my head but with the story I thought what the hell its a bit of fun. The image I wanted I think without pro lighting was almost impossible unless I merged two images together but as I don’t have the PS skills for that I will have to return to it again but I will return prepared LMAO.

Now I am off to lick my wounds and heal my pride lol

Pour Me Another this weeks image for View 52


Here is another shot from today Neon Cocktail


Thanks For Reading 
James

No comments:

Post a Comment